If you wish to go to a show we offer the chance to see many of the best in town. We usually get a group discount and sometimes organise lunch or dinner beforehand. If you want regular updates sign up for an email,read the newsletter or go to the monthly meeting where it is easier to pay.
January 2020 Update
This month will you please collect your tickets for Priscilla, Mamma Mia! and Mousetrap.
Please pay for The Marriage of Figaro, Carlos Acosta and The Kite Runner on/by Wednesday 8 January.
There are some new shows to consider.
At the Theatre Royal we are offering tickets for
- This Land – an epic theatrical event marking to 400 year anniversary of the Mayflowers journey and its impact upon arrival in America. This is a community production including Plymouth citizens and members of the Native American Wampanoag Tribe form Massachusetts, text by Nick Stimson with songs written and performed by Seth Lakeman.
- Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo, acknowledged as Michaels’s favourite work. It tells the story of a country lad fighting a war he doesn’t understand for people he cannot respect.
- The Kite Runner. Based on Khaled Hosseini’s international bestselling novel, this haunting tale of friendship spans cultures and continents and follows one man’s journey to confront his past and find redemption.
- SIX From Tudor queens to pop princesses, the six wives of Henry V111take to the mic to tell their tales, remixing 500 years of historical heartbreak into an 80 minute celebration of 21st century girl power.
- Amsterdam is the UK premier of a strikingly original and audacious play. Maya Arad Yasur is a prize winning playwright, whose work has been produced worldwide.
At Launceston Town Hall
- Clive Anderson – Me, Macbeth and I
- Seann Walsh – Same Again?
Here is the full list of shows on offer;
- Amsterdam in the DRUM – unreserved seats. Saturday 14 March 2.45 £11. Deadline February meeting.
- Acosta Danza Revolution Friday 27 March 2020 7.30. Tickets in circle rows A, B and D £35. Deadline January ’20 meeting.
- The Marriage of Figaro on Wednesday 15 April 7pm. Tickets in circle row B and C £54. Deadline January ’20 meeting.
- Gyles Brandreth Sunday 26 April 3pm at Launceston Town hall. £22. Deadline February meeting.
- Private Peaceful Thursday 30 April 2.30. Tickets in the circle row B £28. Deadline February meeting.
- The Kite Runner Thursday 07 May 2.30. Tickets in the circle row B and C £28. Deadline January meeting.
- Seann Walsh – Same Again? Friday 22 May 8pm Launceston Town Hall. Unreserved £16.50. Deadline April meeting.
- Clive Anderson – Me, Macbeth and I Friday 27 March 8pm. Unreserved seats £20.90. Deadline February meeting.
- SIX Saturday 30 May 4pm. Tickets in the circle rows B and C £38.50. Deadline March meeting.
- This Land Saturday 20 June 2.30. Tickets in the circle rows C and D £15, and in the back row of the circle £10. Deadline May meeting.
Please remember you can always send me a cheque payable to Tavy District U3A to 6 Hessary View Tavistock PL19 0EZ if you are not going to be at the deadline meeting, and you can always pay in advance of the deadline.
Janet Hunt 613088 firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Janet Hunt 613088
Email Carole MacQueen or Janet Email Contact